Andrew Rodriguez will provide an overview of Nicolosi’s “self-state model” and introduce polyvagal theory as neurological support to Nicolosi’s model for understanding compulsivity and homosexuality, and how to regulate emotional needs.
Proposed Learning Objectives
- Know the definitions and sequence of the self-states from Nicolosi
- Know how to return to assertion from shame
- Know the nervous system states from polyvagal theory
- Know how polyvagal theory parallels Nicolosi's self-state model
- Know how to self-regulate based on the need posed by each threat reaction