In this lesson, Dr Mike Davidson, Nausica Della Valle, Pastor Elizabeth Woning, Jojo Ruba, Ansel Pronk and Matthew Grech discuss the role of pastoral care and counselling in terms of science and spirituality, in a biblical context. They speak about the importance of pastoral counselling and give their views on why it can be helpful for those who hold religious beliefs.
Proposed Learning Objectives
- 1. Explain the importance of forgiveness
- 2. List 4 important qualities of a pastoral carer
- 3. Explain how to approach someone in the LGBT community
- 4. Explain the importance of grace in interactions with the LGBT
- 5. Describe a godly friendship in the context of emotional dependency
- 6. Describe the importance of a relationship with the Holy Spirit