Dr. Godfrey will provide an overview of pornography and sexual addiction from the aspect of adolescent development. We will discuss the difference between a compulsion and an addiction, and review various developmental issues that make adolescents susceptible to this problem. The workshop will teach the cycle of addiction and its various styles. Aspects of recovery and tools for sobriety will be discussed as it applies to working with teens and their families.
Proposed Learning Objectives
- Participants will be capable of describing the addiction cycle pattern
- Participants will learn different styles of addiction
- Participants can describe aspects of adolescent recovery that are different from adults
- Participants can effectively identify important aspects of recovery for adolescents
- Participants can describe family dynamics that both discourage and encourage healing and recovery for teens addicted to porn.